Forums Cache
Copyright MonkeyJob Systems 2005
All rights reserved

Home FAQ Current Forums Contact
 Search For Data

Edit service settings

Related Topics:
What is a service anyways?
How do I set up FoldMonkey to run as a service?

hpb

Hi!

I wonder if there is an easy way to edit FoldMonkey settings that run as a service. I managed to slighly change settings directly in the corresponding *.txt File, but this is a rather annoying solution.

cheers
hpb

monkeyjob
Site Admin

This is a good point, we will look into it and update this board when we have made progress.

Thanks,
monkeyjob.

monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
these issues have now been resolved. You can download the latest version from http://www.monkeyjob.com/FoldMonk.html

Registered users, please select the Online/Update menu item from the FoldMonkey system tray menu.

Regards,
monkeyjob.

hob
Hi,

it works basically, but I have trouble replacing the service after editing it. Error message "error copying *\services.exe to *\WhateverInameMyService.exe".
Seems that FoldMonkey cannot overwrite the service, when I stop it manually then it works.

rgds
hpb

monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
we believe that this error message occurred as a result of installing a newer version of FoldMonkey over an older version.

For new users, this will not be a problem.

For existing users, we have upated the update page to provide instructions around this issue.

We have also updated the current version of FoldMonkey to work around these issues.

Basically, if installing FoldMonkey over an older version, remove and terminate existing FoldMonkey services before installing the new version(you would have to re-create services using the new version interface).

This problem will not recur in the new version.

You can download version 1.24 from the following URL:

http://www.monkeyjob.com/FoldMonk.html

Registered users, please select the Online/Update menu item from the FoldMonkey system tray menu.

Regards,
monkeyjob.

| About Us | Privacy | Terms | Affiliates | Partners | Copyright ©2003 MonkeyJob Systems All Rights Reserved |