Copyright MonkeyJob Systems 2005
All rights reserved

Home FAQ Current Forums Contact
 Search For Data

Change programs associated with files

Related Topics:
FileMonkey File Operations

-
When I do a search using Windows XP, if I then click on the found file, instead of opening the file with the associated program, all I get is a Monkey Job panel showing me the file info. Can you tell me how to stop this panel appearing and just open the selected file with the associated program?
monkeyjob

If there are no programs associated with the file that you are trying to open, the properties editor of FileMonkey will launch by default.

You can change this by:

1. You can change programs that are associated with a file by right-clicking on the file. Then, select the "Open With/Choose Program..." menu item.

From the "Open With" window, select the program that you wish to use and then tick the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" tick box, then click on "OK" to save your preferences and open the file.

2. Right click on the FileMonkey icon and select "Run as administrator". Select the "View/Settings..." menu item.

Clear the "Integrate properties editor with windows context menu" tick box.

Click on "Done" to save the changes.

3. If all else fails, you can uninstall FileMonkey. The uninstall program will remove the properties editor from your right-click context menu.

| About Us | Privacy | Terms | Affiliates | Partners | Copyright ©2003 MonkeyJob Systems All Rights Reserved |