Forums Cache
Copyright MonkeyJob Systems 2005
All rights reserved

Home FAQ Current Forums Contact
 Search For Data

Monitor a folder and print all files to Adobe

Related Topics:
Monitor and move files

adirving Is it possible to monitor a folder and print any incoming files to Adobe, move them to another folder then delete the original file?
monkeyjob
Site Admin
Hi,
probably not, we would require a little clarification. When you say "print any incoming files to Adobe", which adobe product are you referring to and do you mean print as in send to your printer?

Regards,
monkeyjob.
adirving I have Adobe 7.0 professional. I have faxes coming to my computer and I want them to be converted to adobe basically. If I could monitor my Fax In folder and have it automatically print the file to the adobe printer that installed when I installed adobe 7.0 and save the file to a different folder. I tried just changing the extension to pdf and the files wouldn't open.
monkeyjob
Hi,
it would depend on which format your files are coming in as and if adobe pro can open that format and if adobe pro can be called from the command line. It is a tricky operation.

For example, you can use FoldMonkey to move the incoming files to another folder. Then use the launch section of FoldMonkey to send the file name/path to a batch file. Send parameters:

<filePath>\<newFileName>

You would then need to write the batch file. Your batch file will need to send the file name to your adobe printer to print the file (using the print command for example).

We are not sure on which command line arguments adobe pro supports, you would have to consult the documentation that came with adobe pro.

Your batch file might look something like this:

@echo off
cls
print /D:"Adobe PDF" %1
cls
exit

Regards,
monkeyjob.

| About Us | Privacy | Terms | Affiliates | Partners | Copyright ©2003 MonkeyJob Systems All Rights Reserved |