Copyright MonkeyJob Systems 2005
All rights reserved

Home FAQ Current Forums Contact
 Search For Data

Changing multiple file extensions

Related Topics:
FoldMonkey Support Page

Vipa
Bought this software as the description suggested it did what I neede but I can't for the life of me work out what to do!!!

All I want to do is change the file extensions of my music files from .m4a to .mp4 en mass (I have 8500 files) but there are quite a few .mp3 files in the folders I want to leave alone.

Please let me know what the settings need to be in foldmonkey to achieve this.

Also after this has been done I want to seek out and move any remaining mp3 files to a separate folder. please let me know again what I need to do.

The instructions are great for IT experts but assume an indepth knowledge of file maintainance and are damned confusing to us mere mortals .

Please help
Paul

monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
please use the following instructions:

1. Right click on the FoldMonkey icon and select "Run as administrator".

2. Select the root folder that your files are in. For example, if your files are in "C:\New Folder", enter this path in the "Monitor Folder" box.

3. Check (tick) the "File Pattern" check box and enter a pattern of *.m4a

4. Check the "Include Sub-Folders" check box (if you also want to work on m4a files in sub folders of the target folder).

5. Uncheck the "Work On New Files Only" check box.

6. Check the "Rename New File:" check box.

7. Enter a new file name of <oldFileName>.mp4

You can use the < button to enter the oldFileName tag.

8. Click on the "Scan Once Only" button to start the operation.

Regards,
monkeyjob.

monkeyjob
Site Admin

To move all mp3 files, use the following instructions:

1. Right click on the FoldMonkey icon and select "Run as administrator".

2. Select the root folder that your files are in. For example, if your files are in "C:\New Folder", enter this path in the "Monitor Folder" box.

3. Check (tick) the "File Pattern" check box and enter a pattern of *.mp3

4. Check the "Include Sub-Folders" check box (if you also want to work on *.mp3 files in sub folders of the target folder).

5. Uncheck the "Work On New Files Only" check box.

6. Check the "Archive New File" check box.

7. Select the "Move File To" option and enter a new path to move your mp3 files to in the corresponding text box.

8. Click the "Scan Once Only" button to start the operation.

Regards,
monkeyjob.

| About Us | Privacy | Terms | Affiliates | Partners | Copyright ©2003 MonkeyJob Systems All Rights Reserved |