Copyright MonkeyJob Systems 2005
All rights reserved

Home FAQ Current Forums Contact
 Search For Data

Monitor at ... File Pattern

Related Topics:
FoldMonkey Support Page

rhharper

I'd like some clarification of the "File Pattern" monitoring option, please.

Does this option cause FM to react to the mere existence of files that match the pattern? And, if you leave the file in the folder unmodified, wouldn't this cause FM to go into a loop?

Will this pattern cause FM to react to modified files?

Thanks,
Rob
monkeyjob
Site Admin

Using a pattern will cause FoldMonkey to ignore all files unless they match the pattern. For example, if you use a pattern of *.txt then FoldMonkey will ignore all files except those that end in .txt

At the first instance that a target file is detected, FoldMonkey will work on that file. Thereafter, the file will be ignored (unless FoldMonkey is closed, re-opened and the scan started again).

FoldMonkey cannot work on files as they are modified. FoldMonkey will only work on a viable target if it has not been worked on already by FoldMonkey in that session.

Regards,
monkeyjob.

Guest Thanks for your response.

I'm sorry if I mis-stated the last question.

What I meant to ask was this:
If I have a file in the target directory that satisfies the pattern requirements, and is acted upon by FM, and then I edit that file, will FM acknowledge the modification to the file, even if the size has not changed (theoretically, the archive bit will have changed), and act on that file again?
Thank you,
Rob

monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
no, once FoldMonkey has acted on a file, it will not act on that file again unless FoldMonkey is stopped and then re-started or if the file is renamed (by anything other than FoldMonkey).

Regards,
monkeyjob.

| About Us | Privacy | Terms | Affiliates | Partners | Copyright ©2003 MonkeyJob Systems All Rights Reserved |