Copyright MonkeyJob Systems 2005
All rights reserved

Home FAQ Current Forums Contact
 Search For Data

Suggestion for the creation of folders

Related Topics:
FoldMonkey Support Page

Guest Hi,
I would like to monitor a dir and move files according to their dates but to a destination folder created like this: YYYY\MM\MMDD. FoldMonkey can create a folder with the correct date but only as YYYYMMDD. Would it be possible for a future version to add a way to enter a custom folder based on the date?

Thanks
monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
we hope to add day, month and year tags as separate tags in the next version. We expect the next version to be released in approx 1 month.
monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
we have now added the following tags to FoldMonkey version 1.31:

ss seconds
mi minutes
hh hours
dd days
mo months
yy years

Regards,
monkeyjob.

Hi,
Cool But I really need yyyy (as is 2005) and not only yy (as in 05).
I also need to create not a single dir but 3 sub dirs as yyyy\mm\mmdd(i.e. 2005\06\0613

One more suggestion:
- the option to rename a file only if it already exists in the destination folder.

Thanks for such a great program

monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
we will look into making these improvements and update this board when we have made further progress.

Regards,
monkeyjob.

monkeyjob
Site Admin

Hi,
we have just released version 1.32 of FoldMonkey. We have added a "Rename Duplicates" check box to the archive section. We have added a yyyy tag (to represent the year in four digits). You can now enter a "\" character in the new folder box to create a fully qualified path. For example, if you want to create the path c:\yyyy\mm\dd for each file then you can set the create folder box to:

<Date:File Modified:yyyy>\<Date:File Modified:mo>\<Date:File Modified:dd>

and set the new folder path to c:\

Regards,
monkeyjob.

| About Us | Privacy | Terms | Affiliates | Partners | Copyright ©2003 MonkeyJob Systems All Rights Reserved |